Monday, September 08, 2008

Damn It Feels Good to be Banker...



This is how a bunch of "jackass" bankers release their emotions when they sit opposite a similar bunch in consultancy! If you listen to it carefully, you will see that the guys are essentially going through the difference between the two career paths and a mutual stereotype about each other.

There is also a mutual dislike between bankers and traders. On a banking side, especially advisory, people tend to be more well rounded but usually not technically strong, whereas traders tend to be technically sharp but rather lacking other skills. Back in 2005 when I was applying for graduate roles, a trader asked "what other roles are you considering? Would you consider investment banking (meaning banking side of an investment banking)?". I replied by simply saying I didn't like banking (and I didn't at a time!) to which he cracked up saying he didn't like bankers either!

3 comments:

Ab! said...

Damn this stuff is sick! It is indeed lol

Anonymous said...

I congratulate, what words..., a magnificent idea

Anonymous said...

I congratulate, this brilliant idea is necessary just by the way